Avid Academic Eligibility
If you’re a student, teacher, or faculty member at a qualified academic institution, you can purchase Avid Academic products at a substantial discount so long as you meet one of the following eligibility requirements and can provide proof of eligibility:
Individuals qualified to buy Academic versions of Sibelius, Pro Tools, and/or Media Composer:
- University/college students — Students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited, government-recognized public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees and/or certificates1
- Faculty and staff — Teachers and staff employed by an accredited public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, or public, or private university or college, or schools for instrumental instruction/tuition.
Individuals qualified to buy Academic versions of Sibelius only:
- Secondary school students — Students enrolled at an accredited, government-recognized public or private secondary school providing full-time instruction1
- Homeschooled students and their teachers — Students and teachers as defined by state homeschooling regulations
Please note: If you want to purchase multiple copies of Sibelius, Pro Tools, or Media Composer Academic products for use in your educational institution or want to buy standard (non-Academic) versions of Sibelius, Pro Tools or Media Composer, please contact an Avid Authorized Reseller or Avid directly.
Proof of eligibility
- Higher education students— You must show evidence of current enrollment2 at an accredited, government-recognized public or private post-secondary/tertiary degree-granting academic institution, for-profit career/vocational schools that grant degrees and/or certificates, by providing one of the following:
- A copy of a student ID card containing your (the student’s) name, school name, and the current academic term
- A copy of a tuition statement or course bill that includes the school’s logo or seal, your name, and the current date/academic term
- An official letter from the registrar of the school, including your name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- A copy of a student schedule including your name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- A copy of a grade report statement or transcript including your name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- Screen captures from school websites may be accepted in lieu of official documentation if your name, school name, and valid date are clearly visible (acceptance is at the sole discretion of Avid)
- Teachers, faculty, and staff— Evidence of current employment at a public or private primary or secondary secondary, local education authority, or degree granting post-secondary/tertiary academic institution, or at an Avid Learning Partner.
- Secondary students—You must show evidence of current enrollment at an accredited, government-recognized public or private secondary school by providing one of the following:
- A copy of a student ID card containing your (the student’s) name, school name, and the current academic year
- A copy of a report card, a tuition statement, or a letter from the school administration that confirms your enrollment status (all documentation must contain the school, district, or local authority name, your name, and a date reflecting the current academic year)
- Homeschool teacher—You must show evidence of status as a homeschool teacher3 by providing one of the following:
- A current copy of a Homeschool Membership Association card
- A current copy of a curriculum receipt or any official documentation issued by the local/state government that recognizes your family’s intent to homeschool
Available Academic purchases for individuals
Eligible students and educators may purchase individual “Academic” versions of our software at significant discounts from the online Avid Store or an Avid Authorized Reseller. Students and educators must provide proof of eligibility (as outlined above) to receive a license for their Academic product.
Available Academic purchases for institutions (multi-seat licenses)
Eligible academic institutions may purchase multi-seat licenses for Sibelius, Pro Tools, and/or Media Composer. In some cases volume discounts may apply. This type of purchase must be made through a school or university purchase order. Please contact an Avid Authorized Reseller for assistance with multi-seat licenses.
- Avid Academic pricing is not available in these embargoed countries: Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Libya, Sudan, and Syria
- Applies to single purchases only of a specific product or a bundled product
- Elementary/primary school students do not qualify for student discounts/pricing
- 1 Students taking courses at non-government accredited career/vocational schools are not qualified to purchase Avid Academic products.
- 2 For higher education students, “current” is defined as within the last six months.
- 3 All documentation confirming employment of faculty/staff must be dated within the last six months